|Are chickens allowed in Summerville?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||No limit specified (contact city officials)|
|Can you have roosters in Summerville?||Likely no due to nuisance rules|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||No rule specified (check with city before building)|
|Application process:||Permit likely required|
|More information:||Summerville City Code|
Explore the necessary rules and regulations governing urban chicken farming in Summerville for a rewarding and responsible poultry journey.
- Permitted Animals: The non-commercial keeping of small animals such as poultry and other similar small creatures appears to be permitted because it is not expressly forbidden in the city code.
- Limit on Hens: The Summerville City Code does not appear to specify a limit on the number of hens you can have; contact city officials for specific limits in your location (if any).
- Roosters Likely Not Allowed: The keeping of roosters is likely prohibited.
- Enclosure Requirements: Are unclear in the city code; contact city officials before building your pen or coop.
- Coop Building Guidelines: Don’t hesitate to contact the local authorities for more information regarding the coop building guidelines.
Summerville’s backyard chicken rules may shift over time. Stay informed by contacting local authorities.
See other South Carolina chicken ordinances
Last updated: 11/01/2023