|Are chickens allowed in Southaven?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||No official limits|
|Can you have roosters in Southaven?||No|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||Coops no closer than 250 feet to any residence (including your own).|
|Application process:||Permit required|
|More information:||Southaven Code Enforcement|
Turn your dream of raising backyard chickens into a reality in the City of Southaven. Explore further information on raising backyard chickens in Southaven by reading below.
- Chicken allowance. The City of Southaven allows residents to keep chickens on their property (hens only).
- Coop placement. Chickens must be kept in a coop that is at least 250 feet from any residence, including your own home.
- Permits. Residents who want to keep chickens must obtain a permit from the City of Southaven.
- Regulations on vaccination. Chickens must be vaccinated against various diseases.
- Separation from other animals. Chickens must be kept away from other animals, such as dogs and cats.
- Free-range and movement. Chickens must be allowed to free-range for at least 6 hours per day. Chickens must not be allowed to run loose in the neighborhood.
- Violation Fine. Residents who violate the City of Southaven’s chicken regulations may be subject to a fine.
To ensure you have the most up-to-date and trustworthy information on keeping backyard chickens in Southaven, Mississippi, seek guidance from the relevant local authorities.
See other Mississippi chicken ordinances.
Last updated: 6/21/23