|Are chickens allowed in Arlington?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||4 to 25 (depending on lot size)|
|Can you have roosters in Arlington?||No|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||50 feet from the nearest habitation|
|Application process:||Permit required|
|More information:||Arlington City Code|
Interested in the world of urban chicken farming in Arlington? Master the crucial guidelines for a successful poultry project.
- Maximum number of chickens:
- 4 chickens on properties of 1/2 acre or less.
- 10 chickens on properties of at least 1/2 acre but less than 1 acre.
- 25 chickens on properties of 1 acre or more.
- Roosters: Roosters are prohibited in all areas except agricultural zoning.
- Pen requirements:
- All chickens must be kept in a secure and sanitary pen.
- The pen must be located at least 50 feet from the nearest habitation.
Stay updated on Arlington’s evolving backyard chicken rules; contact officials for the most current information.
See other Texas chicken ordinances.
Last updated: 11/19/2023