|Are chickens allowed in Pine Bluff?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||6|
|Can you have roosters in Pine Bluff?||No|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||Coops 5 feet from property lines, 25 feet from neighboring homes, and in backyard.|
|Application process:||Permit required|
|More information:||Pine Bluff Code of Ordinances|
In Pine Bluff, Arkansas, backyard chickens are allowed under specific conditions:
- Number of chickens. Residents are allowed to keep up to six chickens on their property.
- Roosters. Roosters are not permitted due to noise concerns.
- Coop size and location. Chicken coops must be located in the rear yard and at least 25 feet away from any neighboring residences. Coops should also be at least 5 feet away from any side or rear lot lines.
- Sanitation and maintenance. Proper sanitation and maintenance of chicken coops are essential to prevent health hazards and nuisances, such as odors or pests. Coops must be kept clean, dry, and well-ventilated.
- Permits and licensing. Residents must obtain a permit from the city to keep backyard chickens. The permit fee is $25 and must be renewed annually.
- Health and safety regulations. Backyard chicken owners should comply with health and safety regulations, including those related to the sale of eggs or meat.
Always consult the most recent regulations and contact the relevant authorities in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, to ensure you are in compliance with the current laws related to keeping backyard chickens.
See other Arkansas chicken ordinances.
Last updated: 4/5/23