|Are chickens allowed in West Jordan?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||Up to 5 hens and 5 chicks|
|Can you have roosters in West Jordan?||No|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||Coops at least 20 feet from primary adjoining property structures and 5 feet from property lines.|
|Application process:||Permit required|
|More information:||West Jordan City Code|
Intrigued by the idea of keeping chickens in West Jordan? Explore the vital rules and regulations before you get started:
- Number of Chickens Allowed: Residents of West Jordan, Utah, are allowed to keep up to 5 egg-laying hens and 5 chicks on their property.
- Permissible Dwellings: To keep chickens in West Jordan, you must have a single-family detached dwelling unit, duplex, or twin home.
- Restrictions on Roosters: Roosters and crowing hens are not allowed within the city limits.
- Coop Requirements: Chickens must be kept in a coop that provides adequate shelter and space for roosting.
- Minimum Coop Size: The coop must be at least 1.5 square feet per chicken.
- Coop Size for Confined Chickens: If the chickens are not allowed to roam outside the coop, the coop must be at least 6 square feet per chicken.
- Distance from Structures: The coop must be at least 20 feet from the nearest primary structure on adjoining properties.
- Distance from the Property Line: The coop must be 5 feet from the property line.
West Jordan City’s backyard chicken regulations may change; be informed whenever they do by reaching out to officials.
See other Utah chicken ordinances.
Last updated: 11/20/2023