|Are chickens allowed in Corvallis?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||No limit specified (check with city)|
|Can you have roosters in Corvallis?||Likely no (noise ordinance; check with city)|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||No rule specified (check with city)|
|Application process:||Permit required|
|More information:||Corvallis City Code|
Have you ever pondered the idea of raising chickens in Corvallis? Uncover the crucial guidelines that will pave the way for your feathered companions.
- Residents of Corvallis are allowed to keep chickens, but the ordinances specify no limit. Therefore, it is advised to check with the local authorities for regulations regarding the number allowed.
- Chickens must be kept after obtaining a permit from the Animal Control Officer.
- Chickens must be kept in coops. The coop must also be kept clean and sanitary.
- While not specifically mentioned in the ordinances, roosters will probably violate local noise ordinances. If you are considering keeping a rooster, it is best to check with the Animal Control Officer to see if it is allowed in your area.
- Chicken manure must be composted or disposed of properly.
Keep your finger on the pulse of backyard chicken regulations in Corvallis—reaching out to local officials is key to staying informed.
See other Oregon chicken ordinances.
Last updated: 10/28/2023