|Are chickens allowed in North Las Vegas?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||No limit listed|
|Can you have roosters in North Las Vegas?||No|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||60 feet from neighboring dwelling|
|Application process:||Permit not required|
|More information:||North Las Vegas City code|
If you’re thinking about raising chickens in North Las Vegas, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations in place.
- Chickens are allowed in the city, but the number is not specified. Please check with the local authorities for more information regarding the number.
- Roosters are prohibited: This includes any male chicken over the age of three months.
- Chickens must be kept at least 60 feet away from any neighboring dwelling: You must obtain written consent from all of your neighbors who live within 60 feet of your property before you can keep chickens.
- Chickens must always be confined to a suitable enclosure or coop: This enclosure must be kept clean and free of offensive odors.
- Chickens are not allowed to be kept in basements or cellars.
- Chickens are not allowed to run at large in any mobile home park.
Additional Tips for Keeping Chickens in North Las Vegas:
- Choose a large coop for your chickens to move around comfortably.
- Provide your chickens with a secure run where they can exercise and forage.
- Ensure your chickens have access to fresh water and food at all times.
- Keep your chickens’ coop and run clean to prevent the spread of disease.
- Be respectful of your neighbors and keep your chickens’ noise level minimal.
Over the course of time, cities may modify their rules regarding backyard chickens. That’s why it’s important to get in touch with North Las Vegas officials for the most current information.
See other Nevada chicken ordinances
Last updated: 07/26/2023