|Are chickens allowed in Scottsbluff?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||No limit (but see lot size limit)|
|Can you have roosters in Scottsbluff?||No|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||50 feet from lot line|
|Application process:||No permit required|
|More information:||Scottsbluff City code|
If you’re enthusiastic about keeping chickens in Scottsbluff, it’s crucial to familiarize yourself with the applicable rules and regulations.
- The city of Scottsbluff allows chickens without specifying a limit on the number of chickens that can be kept. We recommend that you check with local authorities for more information.
- Roosters are not allowed within the corporate limits of the city due to prohibitions on owning noisy animals. All fowl or swine must be confined within pens, corrals, or buildings.
- Chicken enclosures must be located at a minimum distance of 50 feet from the lot line.
- No more than 3% of the lot size can be used for pens.
- It is unlawful for any person who owns or is in charge of chickens or other domestic fowl to allow them to run at large within the city.
- Owners or individuals in control of animals are required to promptly remove and sanitarily dispose of feces or defecation deposited by their animals.
As time passes, cities may update their rules regarding backyard chickens. That’s why it’s crucial to reach out to Scottsbluff officials for the most up-to-date details.
See other Nebraska chicken ordinances
Last updated: 06/22/2023