|Are chickens allowed in La Vista?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||No limit|
|Can you have roosters in La Vista?||No|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||No placement rules|
|Application process:||No permit requirement|
|More information:||La Vista City code|
Are you curious about raising chickens in La Vista? Well, there are certain rules and regulations you should familiarize yourself with.
- The City of La Vista allows residents to keep backyard chickens. There are no specifications on the number of chickens that can be kept, but they must be kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- Roosters: Roosters are not allowed in the city due to their noise disturbance
- Chicken coop requirements
- Cleanliness: Chicken coops must be kept clean and free of pests.
- Roof Security: Chicken coops must have a secure roof to prevent predators from accessing the chickens.
- Chicken feeding and watering
- Balanced Diet: Chickens must be fed a balanced diet.
- Access to Fresh Water: Chickens must have access to fresh water at all times.
- Chicken waste disposal
- Sanitary Disposal: Chicken waste must be disposed of in a sanitary manner.
- Preventing Accumulation: Chicken waste should not be allowed to accumulate in the coop or run.
- Running at large
- Restrictions: It is unlawful for chickens or any other fowls to run at large within the city limits.
- Coop or Run: Chickens must be kept in a coop or run at all times.
As time goes by, cities may modify their rules regarding backyard chickens. That’s why it’s crucial to get in touch with La Vista officials to stay informed.
See other Nebraska chicken ordinances
Last updated: 07/24/2023