|Are chickens allowed in Olive Branch?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||10|
|Can you have roosters in Olive Branch?||Yes|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||Coops kept in an area of at least one acre.|
|Application process:||Permit required|
|More information:||Olive Branch City Code|
If you’re contemplating raising chickens in Olive Branch, you should look into these rules and regulations.
Here are the regulations and guidelines you need to know about keeping chickens in Olive Branch:
- Chicken Allowance. The City of Olive Branch allows residents to keep up to ten (10) chickens on their property.
- Housing Requirements. Chickens must be kept in an area greater than 1 acre in size.
- Access to Water and Food. Chickens must be provided with access to fresh water and food at all times.
- Choose a Quiet Location. Select a quiet location for your chicken coop to minimize stress for your chickens. Avoid placing the coop near busy streets or noisy areas.
- Keep the Coop Clean. Chickens are messy animals, and their coop will require regular cleaning to maintain hygiene and prevent odor.
- Provide Adequate Food and Water. Ensure your chickens have a balanced diet consisting of grains, vegetables, and fruits. Also, make sure they have access to fresh water at all times.
- Protect Against Predators. Install a secure fence around your coop to protect your chickens from predators like hawks, owls, and raccoons. Additionally, provide a safe place for them to roost at night.
With time, cities can modify their regulations regarding backyard chickens, which is why it’s crucial to get in touch with Olive Branch officials to stay informed.
See other Mississippi chicken ordinances.
Last updated: 06/21/23