|Are chickens allowed in Biloxi?||Yes|
|How many chickens can you have?||2|
|Can you have roosters in Biloxi?||No|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||Coops at least 20 feet from all lot lines.|
|Application process:||No permit required|
|More information:||Biloxi City Code|
If the idea of raising chickens in Biloxi appeals to you, take the time to understand the rules and regulations that pertain to this endeavor.
- Number of Chickens: Residents of Biloxi are allowed to keep up to two chickens per lot.
- Prohibited: Roosters are prohibited from being kept in backyard chicken coops.
- Housing Requirements: Chickens must be housed within a covered enclosure, or a fenced enclosure at all times.
- Distance from Property Line: The enclosure must be located at least 20 feet away from any adjacent property line.
- Cleanliness and Sanitation: Chickens must be kept in a clean and sanitary manner to ensure their well-being and the surrounding environment.
- Avoiding Nuisance: Chickens must not become a nuisance to neighbors. Owners should take necessary measures to prevent excessive noise, odors, or other disturbances.
- Fines for Roaming Chickens: The owner of any chicken that roams outside the owner’s property may be subject to a fine.
- Access to Water and Food: Chickens must have access to fresh water and food at all times to meet their basic needs.
- Regular Cleaning: The enclosure must be regularly cleaned and disinfected to maintain a hygienic environment for the chickens.
Cities can alter their regulations on backyard chickens as time passes, so it’s crucial to contact Biloxi officials to get the latest information.
See other Mississippi chicken ordinances.
Last updated: 7/1/23