|Are chickens allowed in Bangor?||No|
|How many chickens can you have?||0|
|Can you have roosters in Bangor?||No|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||No official rules|
|Application process:||Not applicable|
|More information:||Bangor City Codes|
Interested in having chickens in Bangor? Familiarize yourself with the necessary rules and regulations.
- Chickens are not allowed within the urban developed area of Bangor, Maine.
- However, there are a few exceptions to this rule. Chickens may be kept temporarily at any location approved by the city for the purpose of competition or display at agricultural fairs, exhibitions, or shows.
- Chickens must be kept in a secure coop that prevents them from escaping.
- Adequate food, water, and shelter must be provided to the chickens to meet their basic needs.
- Chickens must not be allowed to run at large and should be confined to their designated area.
Backyard chicken rules in cities might change over the years. Remember to get in touch with Bangor officials to get the most recent information.
See other Maine chicken ordinances.
Last updated: 06/06/2023