|Are chickens allowed in Bossier City?||No|
|How many chickens can you have?||0|
|Can you have roosters in Bossier City?||No|
|Chicken coop placement rules:||Not applicable|
|Application process:||Not applicable|
|More information:||Bossier City Municipal Code|
If you’re thinking of keeping chickens in Bossier, it’s important that you understand and follow the specific rules and regulations in place.
- It is illegal to keep, sell, give away, or transport chickens within the city limits of Bossier, Louisiana.
- It is also illegal to release chickens into the wild within the city limits.
- Violating any of the above laws can result in fines according to the law.
- Residents living in areas zoned for agricultural use are allowed to keep chickens.
- People conducting scientific research or educational programs may be able to keep chickens with a permit from the city.
Backyard chicken rules in cities can evolve over time. Therefore, it’s essential to get in touch with officials in Bossier for the latest information.
See other Louisiana chicken ordinances.
Last updated: 06/06/2023